Monday, November 9, 2009

I Love Exchange.

This week, I love exchange. It has been filled with me studying, reading blogs, studying, talking to exchangers, studying, orientation, studying. I'm meant to be studying now.... But I can't be bothered!

But I am loving exchange, and the fact that I'll be learning another language, gaining a new family, making friends. Ahhh so so so cool.

I think I have finally accepted that I won't be seeing my family and friends for a year. I think it sucks, but I think the adventure that awaits is much more thrilling than to not go and stay home.

I LOVE EXCHANGE!

5 comments:

  1. Although you have no idea who I am, I clicked onto your blog from the Cultures shocked boards. I'm a 2010 outbounder to France and love reading your blog as I feel like you totally get all the emotions that I am going through =)
    so I'm not just a creepy random =P
    And I LOVE exchange as well! And reading blogs of exchangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that you love reading blogs too! I could read them all day long... You say 2010? So, I'm presuming you're a Southern Hemisphere-er? Wow! France :) I love France. I went there for my first Christmas... not that I really remember it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm an aussie =) From Perth.
    I think it's an outbounder thing, reading blogs! France is awesome, I've done two short-term exchanges there so thought it was time to do a year long one! I'll be really close to spain, so I hope to get there at some point during the year. I'm so excited! I've been trying to teach myself spanish over the net, but it's hard to learn it myself! It's a gorgeous language though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, you're right laura, its from the musical RENT. it's like '525 600 minutes, 525 moments so dear, 525 600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?' so you are right =) it's a beautiful song, i would definately recommend listening to the music from RENT. I live iin the south of Perth, it takes about an hour to get to Hilarys. Haha, small world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura,

    My name is Oscar and I'm the founder of Exchange Student World. http://www.exchangestudentworld.com

    I'm wondering if you want to help me. :)

    If you are interested please add me on msn: orreporre@hotmail.com
    or send me an email: oscar@exchangestudentworld.com

    ReplyDelete