Thursday, June 25, 2009

Woo!

I won!!!! I won the Spanish Scholarship :) :)

I just got a call about, 10 minutes ago, and the lady was like, congratulations!! So, I'm officially going, and I'm officially a scholarship winner! I was so excited!

And then, when the excitement wore off. I felt so scared- this is finally happening. I am going to a country I have never been to, immersing myself into another language I barely know, living with a family that I will hopefully one day call my second home... It's so exciting, nerve-racking and scary! I know that this will be a once in a lifetime experience, and I will grow and benefit in so many ways because of this, but I can't help but feel all these conflicting emotions as I count down the months to when I leave my family and my friends for a whole year!! It's crazy.

How do you prepare for something like this? I feel out of my depth, crazy, yet calm and confident- I know that I am doing the right thing, I know I that I'll be able to leave everything I call home. I know that this won't be a holiday. I know that this won't be easy. I know that this will probably be the hardest year of my life. But, I guess, in some ways, thats what I'm most looking forward to. To challenging myself, and living to the fullest and experiencing everything I can in that short year.

Scared? Yes!
Excited? Yes!
Ready? Ready to leave everything that I know, and call home? No. I don't know if I ever will be, but I will leave, and it will be the best decision I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment